The journal Research in Social Stratification and Mobility has published a highly interesting special issue on mechanisms of educational stratification including several papers from the LIFETRACK project:
- Editorial Introduction to “Mechanisms of educational stratification” by Vikki Boliver and Steffen Schindler.
- Article by Vikki Boliver and Queralt Capsada-Munsech looking at how pupils’ enjoyment of the subjects they study is affected by the ability groups in which they are placed.
- Article by Yariv Feniger, Eyal Bar-Haim and Carmel Blank focusing on ability grouping in middle school as an important mechanism of educational stratification and social inequality.
- Article by Claudia Traini, Corinna Kleinert and Felix Bittmann looking at how exposure to a different school track influences the learning process.
- Article by Moris Triventi, Carlo Barone and Marta Facchini examining whether Italian students’ choice of educational track has a causal effect on general skills in reading and mathematics.
Research in Social Stratification and Mobility, Volume 76, December 2021.